The Sr. Quality Manager will serve as a key member of the Space and Airborne Systems Quality Assurance Leadership Team (LT) as well as the Advanced Product Center Site LT within SAS. This individual will be the Mission Assurance lead for the site, representing the Mission Assurance organization and our Customers’ best interests. This individual will lead and manage Quality personnel to ensure effectiveness of processes and consistent execution across the site. The Sr. Quality Manager will lead a team of Quality Managers, Quality Engineers and Inspectors who support product assurance for multiple SAS Product Lines and/or Mission Areas.
The Sr. Quality Manager will be a critical member of the Factory Mission Assurance LT with responsibility for ensuring product compliance and effectiveness across a complex/diverse portfolio of program/products, interfacing with multiple internal and external customers. This position will report to the SAS Factory Mission Assurance Director. The Sr. Quality Manager will drive overall quality performance, collaborating with all members of the Mission Assurance organization at the Advanced Product Center and across the SAS Business. Furthermore work hand-in-hand with the Site LT to identify opportunities, provide guidance, and support the needs of the factory, including establishing an effective relationship with DCMA and Customer personnel.
The Sr. Quality Manager will collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Functional Mission Assurance personnel and individual program managers to provide necessary leadership, mentoring, and business process guidance to help ensure programs meet Customer and end user objectives for product quality. This position requires the ability to network and collaborate across SAS and Raytheon to rally stakeholders and subject matter experts to prevent and address quality issues that represent potential risk to business execution. This role is also critical in driving world-class quality practices and processes to ensure a competitive advantage for SAS.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Sr. Quality Manager will maintain appropriate staffing levels necessary to meet production goals.
- Be the primary interface and relationship with DCMA for their area of responsibility and provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System and leverage the Quality System to minimize Government and Customer Corrective Action Requests (GCARs and CCARs).
- Develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools to reduce abnormal affects contributing to Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ).
- The Hardware Quality Manager will use and implement analytical tools and methods to: improve product design; minimize inspection; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions; audit manufacturing and test data for Quality System requirements; support design reviews to insure that quality is engineered into the product; and develop product acceptance techniques and plans.
- For APC, serve as the primary POC for communicating quality related production issues to Programs and SAS Factory Mission Assurance leadership. Also coordinate proactive supplier quality engineering support and as required in response to non-conforming material discovered in production.
- Minimum of 12 years related professional engineering and managerial experience
- Minimum of 6 years as a Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering professional with hands on experience with electro/mechanical components and/or systems
- Experience with project/program bid and proposal development
- Experience with project management and risk and opportunity management
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead cross-business teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing, diagnostic, process optimization and continuous improvement
- Knowledge and application of business acumen
- Experience with strategic planning and execution
- Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills
- Experience with microelectronic fab, manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with metrology, measurement tools and practices
- Ability to write clear presentations and technical reports, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be able to travel as required to support external customers and suppliers
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working with external suppliers and mechanical inspection techniques
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as DFMA, Input-output diagrams, and SPC
- Ability to manage and develop balanced supplier relationships built on partnerships and required performance
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and team with multiple internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to our customers
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.