Are you passionate about finding insights and telling stories with Data? Do you find data analytics, applied statistics, programming and visualization fascinating? Do you enjoy working in collaborative and high energy environments? Are you the type of person who enjoys continuous learning and developing data experiments and products even in your own time related to the areas you care about?
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Data Scientist capable of working across functional and business areas with minimal supervision in order to support the application of data science methods and statistical techniques to data for internal use at Raytheon.
Your ultimate responsibility is to turn data into actionable insights that will generate quantifiable value for the business. You will explore and examine data from various platforms and multiple disparate or integrated data sources, sifting through structured and unstructured data, and apply your knowledge in business and functional area processes to develop and execute analytics products & solutions to unveil previously hidden insights through use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques and tools. The outcome of the analytics solutions will address pressing business problems or answer hypotheses that will unlock the potentials to drive company’s top line growth and improve bottom line efficiencies. Analytics solutions will span Business Development, Contracts, Finance, Engineering, Operations / Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Control, Information Technology functions, and as well as business mission area product lines and programs.
At Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support leaders in meetings with business stakeholders to identify and develop requirements for strategic use cases.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to understand the business usage of data and associated business processes.
- Collaborate with data owners and technology teams to source data sets required for analyses.
- Apply quantitative techniques to cleanse and explore large, complex data sets in preparation for further analysis
- Apply data reduction, feature selection, and feature engineering techniques.
- Develop and implement hypothesis tests.
- Develop, validate, and operationalize appropriate mathematical and statistical algorithms and models, including implementation on large data sets.
- Review, enhance, and execute operationalized algorithms and models.
- Create repeatable processes and scalable data products in collaboration with the Enterprise Advanced Analytics team.
- Interpret data, analyze results and communicate analytic insights to internal stakeholders through data visualization toolsets.
- Communicate statistical/mathematical techniques to non-technical audiences and effectively articulate the business value of analytics solutions.
- Stay current with new data science methods, technologies, industry trends and open source packages.
- Attend industry events and conferences pertinent to the field and engage locally with extra-curricular data science and advanced analytics groups.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business opportunities and analytics/information needs.
- Minimum 6 years of practical experience as a data analyst/scientist working in large enterprise environments.
- Self-starter with strong analytics, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Proven skills to work effectively across multi-disciplined areas in ambiguous situations.
- Strong data analysis / data engineering skills with the ability to ingest/capture, process, store, analyze and visualize significant amount of information from multiple data sources.
- Technical experience in using statistics, data modeling, data mining and segmentation techniques to analyze large and complex data sets.
- Extensive experience in query / statistical programming languages e.g. SQL, R, Python, C/C++, C#.
- Experience in using data discovery, analysis and reporting development and visualization tools e.g. Analysis for Office, SAP BEx Analyzer, BEx Query Designer, Web Intelligence, Lumira, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI.
- Experience in extracting information from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and business systems that support business functions and mission / program areas.
- Domain knowledge/business acumen (process/system/data) in 2 or more functions e.g. Business Development, Contracts, Finance, Engineering, Operations / Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Control, Information Technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to process and present complex information in a concise and compelling manner to non-technical audiences.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in developing Machine Learning models for predictive analytics use cases.
- Familiarity with predictive analytics platforms & tools e.g. SAP HANA, IBM SPSS, DSX.
- Exposure to applied Artificial Intelligence with Deep Learning
- Experience with NoSQL and Apache stack data environments.
- Familiarity with analytics services in public cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related discipline and 6 years of relevant experienceDesired Education:
Industry or University Data Analytics / Data Science Certifications
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.