Flight Operations Architect (Job Number:442109)
SAIC is looking for Flight Operations Architect to join the team supporting our customer, AAR Corp., in support of a Department of State Air Wing mission in Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that Flight Operations solution components address SME and end-user operational requirements and integration with other functional area solution components in coordination with all the development and process teams
- Provides direct oversight to the Flight Operations systems developers.
- Provide COTS and GOTS and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) capable of supporting a wide variety of Air Wing aircraft and mission services.
- Design and deliver best value service solutions for safe aircraft flight operations within a robust, verifiable and secure environment.
- Maintain accurate, validated aircraft and program management data and metrics with robust reporting and drill-down dashboards.
- Create an integrated platform promoting ease of use, minimal touch points and operations directed interaction for Department of State, agency and partner stakeholders.
- Will conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses using a combination of engineering, economic and management tools to define and create of systems design that lead up to concept demonstrations.
- Conducting research, evaluations, analyses, and studies of alternative architectures in support of program requirements
- Developing architectural frameworks and models that support the assessment of various concepts of operations and system implementations
- Performance of cost/benefit analyses, risk assessments, and engineering trades to establish optimal configurations and system solutions
- Evaluations of procedures and operations to ensure that proposed solutions result in future implementations that assuredly meet all system safety requirements. Emphasis will be placed on program management expertise to assist in formulating plans, budgets, and schedules with clear performance-based milestones.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential and highly valued in this role.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent with an additional 4+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. 6 years of relevant experience
Strong systems engineering background
Ability to obtain MRPT clearance with the US Government sponsor
Support proposal development, cost estimating, Basis of Estimates and schedule
Air navigation equipment
Aviation safety systems
- Must be able to obtain Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 9:42:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PALM BAY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job