Chief Engineer (Job Number:442017)
- Leads the technical solution development.
- Oversees both COTS and GOTS technical solution systems design and development; ensures that each solution would meet Government’s system requirements.
- SAIC is looking for an expert/senior systems engineer to join the team supporting our customer we have partnered with, AAR Corp., to support Department Of State Air Wing mission in Melbourne / Palm Bay, Fl. Chief Engineer to perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, implementation, and decommission.
- Works directly under the Program Manager providing overall technical support for the entire System.
- Provide technical leadership to a team working closely with the Solutions Architect.
- The System Engineers perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative systems and applications, and ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability.
- The Chief Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of all sub teams, and for ensuring integration across teams and with external stakeholders and customers.
- The Air Wing Enterprise Solutions (AWES) 2020 program is focused on delivering a comprehensive Aviation management information system to support the needs of US Department of State’s (DoS) Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, Office of Aviation (INL/A). AWES 2020 will support three primary functions: Flight Operations, Aircraft Maintenance, and Logistics Management.
- The successful candidate will perform engineering analysis of legacy systems/services to identify duplicative capabilities, gaps, critical activities, efficiencies, and overall areas for improvement.
- Identify issues affecting end-to-end performance of systems, provide engineering support to system testing and assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions.
- Support analysis and determination of risk probability and enterprise impact, prioritization of perceived risks, and establish risk monitoring and management strategies.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent with an additional 4+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Technology design skills; adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Ability to logically and systematically convert customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Ability to perform trade analysis for COTS and GOTS applications for System of Systems solution
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
- Ability to analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Apply the Concept of Operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of an organization
- Demonstrate knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science, and technology
- Experience with activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
- Experience working within an Enterprise Scaled Agile Framework
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Complex problem solving skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 9:56:39 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PALM BAY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job