The Test Systems Solutions Center (TSSC) applies a systems approach to provide total test solutions that ensure the quality of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) products. The TSSC uses common platforms and processes to design/develop production, depot and engineering test stations. Opportunities include:
Job Description:The selected candidate will provide Electrical Engineering support as a member of a multi-disciplined team composed of various engineering disciplines (Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Firmware/Configurable Logic, etc). The team will be responsible for performing design, development and integration of RMS test products within the Test Systems Solution Center (TSSC). The candidate will be responsible for any one or all of the following for a given test system:
- Domestic and international travel
- Innovative rapid prototyping
- Supporting live-fire testing of our products
- Designing, developing or using commercial software for simulation and test equipment environments
- Designing, developing or integrating methods and equipment to effectively test systems.
Other tasks may include updating or adding to existing Test Systems, or providing support to maintain operation of existing Test Systems (diagnosing failures, updates based on improved technology or requirements changes, etc). All efforts by the candidate will be performed while managing the technical, budget, and schedule considerations for their assigned projects. The qualified candidate will also be expected to conform to a process driven environment following procedures and practices established to guide an engineer through the different phases of test equipment implementation including design, fabrication, documentation, and support. Required Skills:
- Assisting in defining and documenting test requirements
- Defining system architecture (block diagrams, design concepts, etc)
- Developing detailed designs and drawings (including interconnects, cables, circuit card assemblies, rack mounted electrical enclosures, etc)
- Trade-studies and selection of commercial off the shelf (COTS) components and equipment
- Working with drafters to document and release drawings
- Supporting design reviews with customers and management at various phases of the design process
- Providing oversight to technicians during hardware assembly and installation
- Testing/verification of completed designs.
- Design, development, integrate, test, and/or maintain test application software for TSSC.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- A minimum of 8 years professional electrical engineering design experience is required (circuit design, analysis, and test).
- Must have:
- experience with developing and implementing programming languages
- familiarity with common electrical engineering tools for schematic capture and simulation (e.g. Orcad, PSpice, Mentor Graphics, Workbench, Multisim, Altium)
- experience utilizing integrated development environments and debugging tools to troubleshoot software
- a working knowledge of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- the ability and willingness to utilize existing designs as a starting point to interface with new units under test (UUTs) and UUT configurations when necessary
- experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- experience with commonly used test equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, etc)
- experience performing analog, digital, and/or RF design.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage workload to meet assigned deadlines
- The candidate must have the ability to provide technical leadership in a multidiscipline team environment.
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Self-starter and able to manage workload to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead single- or multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Bid and proposal experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with:
- automated test equipment development
- mass interconnect solutions commonly used in test environments (VPC, Mac-Panel, etc)
- common industry-standard digital interfaces and protocols (TTL, RS422, CAN BUS, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, etc).
- modular hardware architectures commonly used for automated test (PCI, PXI, VXI, LXI, etc).
- computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques.
- the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces.
- developing automated test systems
- C#, C++, or C related Visual Studio
- laboratory test instrumentation, electronics and software (experience with NI VISA, NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, or NI Switch Executive is preferred).
- developing requirements for software products
- using model based design and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to visualize software architecture and design. Familiarity with IBM Rhapsody or Cameo Enterprise Architecture is preferred
- prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment, developing solutions under only general direction, and demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills.
- and knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools.
Checkus out on YouTube:
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made byRaytheon
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
TheDefenseIndustrialSecurityClearanceOffice(DISCO), an agencyoftheDepartmentofDefense,handlesandadjudicatesthesecurityclearanceprocess.Securityclearancefactorsinclude, but arenotlimitedto,allegiancetotheUS,foreigninfluence,foreignpreference,criminalconduct,securityviolationsanddruginvolvement.Employment is contingentonotherfactors,including, but notlimited to, backgroundchecksanddrugscreens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.