full-time employee contract
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to “secure the future” supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We are looking for experienced BRAWLER, CFAM, or AFSIM Analysts to support our dynamic, growing program in Arlington, VA.
To be considered, one must currently hold a current / active SECRET clearance (Top SECRET highly preferred)
• Provide analytical support utilizing modeling and simulation tools to create and maintain the data structures to provide short notice, responsive analysis capability in addition to long-term studies.
• Use modeling and simulation expertise to support study plan objectives, construct scenarios, create and maintain input data structures and files, run/modify the models, analyze model output, prepare output for presentation, and assist in final documentation of HQ AF/A9 analytical efforts. These efforts include various support analyses, weapon system capability analyses, current and future force structure analyses, munitions analyses, and future trade-off studies such as Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
• Models include but are not limited to the Combat Forces Assessment Model (CFAM), BRAWLER (Air Combat Simulation), Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM), Synthetic Theater Operations Research Model (STORM), Weapons Effects Analysis and Probability Software (WEAPS), and the Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual (JMEM) Weaponeering System (JWS).
Job Description Responsibilities:
Deliver analysis products associated with modeling and simulation tools and create and maintain the data structures used by them to provide short notice, responsive analysis capability in addition to long-term studies. Experience in modeling & simulation and analysis of modern combat aircraft and other airborne systems and weapons employment in an air campaign or other theater-wide operational environment.
Assist the government in performing force structure and munitions analyses. They will examine specific questions that relate to force structure composition, modernization, or recapitalization. These studies may include broad forces across multiple mission design series or specifically focus on a single weapon system. Alternatively, these studies may examine war reserve materiel including munitions inventory requirements, modernization of existing munitions, or new munitions. These studies will use CFAM, BRAWLER, AFSIM, STORM, WEAPS, JWS, or other analytic models or tools. These studies may be long-term efforts lasting months or short notice efforts requiring results in days.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience in modeling & simulation of military systems (modern combat aircraft and other airborne systems) and weapons employment in engagement and mission-level models
• Experience creating, maintaining, and modifying code and run sets to address specific analysis questions
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience developing study plans that include background, purpose of study, scope/limitations, critical assumptions and constraints, measures of effectiveness (MOEs), study parameters and variables, methodology description, data requirements and schedule.
• Experience collecting and establishing the pedigree of input data, conducting risk analysis; model manipulation and modification.
• Experience using mathematical models and/or simulation tools to evaluate system performance and utility.
• Previous experience with CFAM, BRAWLER, STORM, or AFSIM.