Over twenty years ago, CarMax disrupted the automotive industry and to this day remains the undisputed market leader in a $500B+ industry. With best-in-class financial performance, customer satisfaction, and Associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth. Our Sales Strategy team plays a key role in helping CarMax make the strategic decisions needed to deliver on both near-term execution and long-term innovation.
The Sales Strategy team provides strategic guidance, analytical direction, and executional support to CarMax’s Sales organization. With over 7000 associates responsible for delivering CarMax’s value proposition to millions of customers across the nation each year, Sales is the focal point of nearly every significant change to the customer shopping experience we aim to deliver.
The Manager position has 3 primary areas of responsibility in Sales Strategy. First, they will leverage data to drive exploratory analyses and research in order to identify new areas of opportunity in our business. Second, they will be a key thought-leader in delivering major, transformational changes to the experience we provide our customers and associates. Finally, they will help create executional efficiencies in the analytical support the Sales Strategy team provides the Sales organization every day.
This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical and management skills, the opportunity to play a key role in driving the strategy that will shape the future of a Fortune 500 retailer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
Some of the primary responsibilities for the role include:
• Develop or enhance analytical tools, such as models, reports, and dashboards, to monitor performance and drive ongoing Sales execution.
• Deliver additional analyses on key performance drivers to support continuous improvement.
• Explore new analytical models, data sources, or strategies to drive performance improvement.
• Design tests and execute the analytical evaluations that will influence the rollout strategies of major changes.
• Provide strategic vision and thought leadership to our business partners as we determine the long term goals of the Sales organization.
• Lead analysts on the Sales Strategy team in the execution of analyses to uncover new areas of opportunity and deliver value.