This position will be located in Tucson, AZ, supporting RMS programs.
The selected candidate will perform and/or assist in the performance of Parts Engineering, Components Engineering or Applications engineering tasks supporting programs in the proposal, System Design Description, Low Rate Initial Production (SDD, LRIP), production and support phases. Position will require day to day interface with designers, product development engineering, Electronic Computer Aided Design (ECAD) function, program management, and other disciplines. May be required to determine program statement of work (SOW) and other defined customer component application requirements. Provide technology insertion and parts selection/standardization guidance while adhering to business, component parametric, application environmental and circuit application constraints. Interface with multiple internal stakeholders and external suppliers/manufacturers to develop component risk and verification delineation. Create component verification data packages with supporting data. Provide applications engineering support to multiple program integrated product teams (IPT's.) Facilitate component selection and libraries application through the coordination and generation of the program bill of material (BOM) in a collaboration toolset. Presentation of component standardization, design library, obsolescence management and termination finish risk results in support of program preliminary and critical design reviews (PDR’s / CDR’s.)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security
- Technical working knowledge of electronic component parts and their application
- Data collection and presentation skills to adequately discuss system impact of component obsolescence issues
- Understanding of component data / drawings and the judgment /determination of part applications to meet program/project objectives and requirements.
- Knowledge of component selection, screening, qualification
- General knowledge of digital circuitry and interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience with use of lab common equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzer, etc.).
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes and test equipment.
- Knowledge of circuit card and PCB Components
- Ability to navigate multiple complex processes and tools.
- Effective communication and the ability to work with and take direction.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of the application of technical theories and concepts as they apply to electronic components and the parts management field
- Demonstrated knowledge of component failure modes, component reliability and military specifications and standards
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and hierarchy definition.
- Active electronic circuit design experience.
- Mentor Graphics Expedition or Design Architect and circuit simulation/analysis tools (PSPICE, - Analog Workbench).
Security: Will require Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance; current clearance preferred. At a minimum, an Interim Secret clearance will be required in order to start work.
Bachelor’s degree required. – with a graduation date prior to May 2017. Major(s): Electrical Engineering, or other related science or engineering discipline.
Master’s degree preferred.
This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.