Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
This Info Sys Tech II position provides fiber optic and twisted pair cabling support to provide network connectivity to new
systems and maintain current systems at a high level of availability. The environment fluctuates between routine and urgent
depending upon ongoing tasks and priorities. As part of the fiber installation and troubleshooting team, they analyze network
infrastructure requirements and engineer cost effective solutions to meet customer needs. They must be able to work under
pressure in restoring high priority systems back into operations. Candidate must be able to detect, isolate, document, report
and resolve computer network related outages. In the case of network connectivity issues, is able to use necessary test
equipment to detect and correct problems. They also coordinate, schedule and execute daily activities in an ever changing
work environment. The ability to fabricate and install fiber optic cable and copper cable and install new infrastructure
hardware is a must. The Info Sys Tech II works directly with the customer in most aspects of day to day activities. Working
at a customer facility with daily customer interaction requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task
based on a dynamic environment.
- Support the Fiber Team lead to coordinate, schedule, and execute network connectivity work requests
- Assists in the installation and termination of new fiber optic and twisted pair cable trunks
- Fabricate custom duplex fiber drop and patch panel cables utilizing ST, LC, SC and MTRJ connectors
- Utilize hand held lasers, power meters, OTDR, and other available tools to troubleshoot and repair suspected faulty cables
- Work at a customer facility with daily customer interaction which requires good communication skills and the ability to
multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Review Network Attachment Forms (NAFs) for accuracy and completeness, properly document network connection information
and annotate in the NAF database.
- Advise the customer on all hardware and computer network connectivity related activities
- Support inventory management and property control activities
- Assist in identification and resolution of computer network outages
- Accurately document problems using trouble ticket logging and discrepancy reporting tools
- Assist in training of junior team members
- Bachelors Degree in related field and 2 years experience working with the customer in technical operations or engineering,
or 10 years related experience.
- Experience in installation, termination and maintenance of a Fiber Optic Distribution System (FODS)
- Experience in fabrication, testing and certification of both single mode and multimode fiber cables using modern
fabrication and testing equipment
- Ability to terminate network cabling utilizing the following connectors: ST, SC, FC/APC, LC and RJ45
- Experience developing and maintaining network infrastructure documentation (system layout, rack elevations, wiring lists)
- Experience with cable infrastructure planning, preparation, installation and testing
- Experience with coordination and scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- The physical agility to perform work under a raised floor and work from ladders and/or scaffolding to work in false ceilings
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and possible holidays if required
- The ability to perform successfully in an open environment where direct interaction and collaboration with customers and
peers is frequent
- Certification as a Fiber Optic Technician
- ITIL certification
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly are required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.