Raytheon is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to be our technical representative to support design, installation, training, testing and sustainment of surveillance and communications systems for United States and international customers. The Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) will lead the project’s engineering lifecycle of requirements development, design, integration, installation, verification testing, and validation of the system. In this role, the LSE will be responsible for leading technical interchange meetings (TIMs) and design reviews with the customer and end user. The LSE also has configuration management responsibilities to ensure proper and adequate system design documentation is developed and to facilitate obtaining technical acceptance of project systems. The LSE will be responsible for the development and review of subcontractor statements of work and technical performance. This position will require international travel up to 50% of the time.
* 8+ years of relevant engineering experience.
* Demonstrated ability managing and executing the technical performance of work assigned to the system engineering team.
* Demonstrated ability with system engineering processes including cost, resource and schedule management.
* Domain knowledge to understand design, development and integration of networked computer systems, including Windows OS, virtual machines and cluster management, firewalls and information security
* Domain knowledge to understand the design, develop and integrate sensor systems to include EO/IR and radar sensors.
* Demonstrated ability to work with subcontractors and vendors to include developing statement of work, coordinating specifications, and providing technical oversight.
* Demonstrated ability to develop system architectures.
* Demonstrated ability to perform trade studies and technical analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare and present various engineering related documents and reports to the customers.
* Demonstrated ability to develop program plans and EVM baselines; including statusing project completion.
* Domain knowledge to understand design, development and integration of HF and VHF/UHF communication systems to include broadband, narrowband, satellite, and mobile radio technologies.
* Basic understanding of personal computer skills (e.g., MS Office products).
* Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements and conditions to meet project objectives
* Ability to plan, organize, and schedule
* Experience in modeling and simulation as well as coverage analysis
* Effective technical writing
* Field service experience
* 8+ years with BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical degree, or 6 years MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical degree, or 4 years with PHD in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical degree.
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Indianapolis? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Indianapolis, IN offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Indianapolis site is a 973,000 square foot modernized facility that actually began building bombsights during WWII.
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
On site we have a cafeteria plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and ping pong. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.