General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) is a security engineer possessing deep technical skills with cutting edge technologies to enable PWS to remain authorized and supporting its mission to run meaningful production mission application workloads across the intelligence community. The ISSE will work in a strategic customer environment and deal with security issues involved with the day-to-day tasks of running the Pivotal Cloud Foundry managed Platform as a service (PaaS) on Amazon C2S. This service is referred to as Pivotal Web Services (PWS). The ISSE supports the PCF Operators ensuring the PWS platform is operated in a secure manner and retains its authorized status. Duties include managing patches and upgrades within the customer POAM and RMF processes, recommending security improvements to PCF developers, supervising patching and upgrades to the platform, software runtime versions and deploying language build packs in accordance with customer security policy and operational requirements. The PCF ISSE acts as the frontline security technical representative for the program, interacts and takes direction from the assigned Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
8. Analyzes the information systems to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the systems design and architecture.
9. Performs preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
10. Leads the development and implementation of the information systems security programs
11. Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required
15-20 years of related experience in data security administration.
The Information System Security Engineer [ISSE] will design, develop, and implement/integrate Information Assurance and security systems and system components for a state of the art platform as a service automating the deployment and management of networking, storage, computing, databases, web services and enclave environments; working closely with architects, engineers and developers in the identification and implementation of information security, security policy and enterprise solutions. Additionally, the ISSE will be responsible for developing the System Security Plan, Security Test Plan, Security Control Traceability Matrix along with all required NIST 800-53, FISMA, ICD 503, etc. mandated government security regulations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience with Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, design and implementation to include systems engineering principles, requirements analysis, system development (software and hardware), network security architecture concepts, IT security principles and methods. Developing and reviewing security plans, security control assessments, contingency plans, and incident response plans. Security systems engineering for HW/SW operating systems and application solutions for LAN/WAN. Security system scans for network, platform database and web services using different security tools and Vulnerability tools such as Nessus, WebInspect, AppDetective, Retina, NMAP, ACAS, EVSS, HBSS, SCAP and Splunk. Cyber security tool set including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS and NIDS. Experience with technologies/vendors for network (e.g. Cisco, Juniper), platforms (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Linux Redhat/CentOS), database (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL server), and web services (e.g. ISS, Apache, Tomcat, Passenger). Certification and accreditation documentation ICD-503, FISMA, RMF/A&A processes, NIST SP, FISPS, CNSSI.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.