General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the O&M of Linux based operational systems and associated accounts. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and software updates of multiple Linux based systems, and will be required to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for procurement, monitoring accounts to keep them active as well as ensuring leased space is properly paid.
Manages employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in multiple functional areas.
1. Directly, and through subordinate supervisors, manages multiple functional areas of information system solutions development and technical support, including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, applications design and development, database design and administration, information security, telecommunications and network support and administration.
2. Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures.
3. Experience with Linux network troubleshooting tools such as tcpdump.
4. Working knowledge of networking to include local IP addressing and routing.
5. May perform complex IT tasks.
6. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer or organization deadlines.
7. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10.Willingness to travel OCONUS.
10-12 years of related information systems experience, including management experience.
Experience with Linux and/or BSD systems administration preferred.
Experience with systems administration automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible preferred.
Experience with cloud based service providers preferred.
Procurement experience preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.