General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the O&M of Linux based operational systems and associated accounts. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and software updates of multiple Linux based systems, and will be required to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for procurement, monitoring accounts to keep them active as well as ensuring leased space is properly paid.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Experience with Linux network troubleshooting tools.
3. Working knowledge of networking to include local IP addressing and routing.
4. May perform complex IT tasks.
6. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
7. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
8. Maintains system documentation.
9. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
10. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
11. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
12. May program in an administrative language.
13. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
14. Provides advice and training to end-users.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Experience with Linux and/or BSD systems administration preferred.
Experience with systems administration automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible preferred.
Experience with cloud based service providers preferred.
Procurement experience preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.