General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The purpose of this position is to manage the Service Desk for the U.S. State Department’s Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (CAEIO) team. The CAEIO team provides mission critical information technology (IT) resources to approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, Department of State annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region. The ideal candidate should have 8+ years of managing Service Desk team of 20+ employees and over 5,000 calls/month. He/She must also be ITIL Certified.
Manages the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.
1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems help desk.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including 4+ years of supervisory / management experience.sd
An active Top Secret security clearance or higher is required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.