Technical Manuals Manager-Detroit, MI (Job Number:442366)
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Technical Manuals Manager. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Sterling Heights, MI.
The Technical Manuals (TM) Manager’s primary responsibility is the management of all technical manual activities in support of the program. The TM Manager shall plan, coordinate, manage, and integrate all functions and activities necessary to deliver all technical manuals according to contractual requirements. They must be fluent in the written and verbal English language, including technical language and terms associated with the operation, operator, and maintenance of the program. Specifically, the TM Manager must be familiar and have experience with the design and development of military operator/operator maintenance and field maintenance manuals including BDAR and depot maintenance work requirements. The TM Manager will have:
- Complete understanding of MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD- 2361C.
- Familiarity with S1000D specifications.
- Experience reading engineering drawings and use of Logistics Management Information (LMI) data necessary to design and develop technical manuals.
- Familiarity with copyright, intellectual property, and ITARS laws.
- The TM Manager will be required to utilize technical proficiency and experience in technical manual development and task analysis for military ground combat vehicles to actively participate in various working groups. Additionally, they will support and coordinate with logistics personnel conducting maintenance analyses, task analyses, and training development.
- The applicant is expected to work independently with limited to no supervision and may be required to supervise the performance of other personnel and projects.
Flexwork is not allowed.
Travel is estimated at approximately 10% of time.
- Secret security clearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of related experience or Master’s degree and 4+ years of experience. Applicable experience of 12+ years may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written.
- Four (4) or more years of technical writing and TM development.
- Four (4) or more years working with XML/SGML authoring tools/software.
- One (1) or more years of ground combat vehicle experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GEIA-STD- 0007, logistics product data, and LSAR processes.
- The ability to effectively cope with change and handle ambiguity.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience managing subcontractor performance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 4, 2018, 11:04:16 AM
Primary Location: United States-MI-STERLING HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job