full-time employee contract
Basic Program Overview:
JBC-P is the next iteration of FBCB2 and utilizes many different networking technologies such as IP radio, satellite, and LAN/WAN. The Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) Field Service Representative Senior Lead level candidate will support the Warfighter worldwide for garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies. The Field Service Respresentative shall support pre-deployment exercises with field software sustainment, over the shoulder technical assistance, providing on-site diagnostic and corrective actions, and capturing and reporting requirements.
• Subject Matter Expert on all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT). Provides Commanders and Staff recommendations on how to best leverage FBCB2 systems to meet their operational needs
• Attend C6/G6/S6 Shift change briefing, and participate C6/G6/S6 conference calls to identify issues with FBCB2/BFT system outlying sites.
• Mentoring and advanced technical training for 25Us, 74B and 94B on capabilities, fault isolation and repair procedures
• Assist S6/S4/SSA on replacement LRUs and or entire platform replacement procedures.
• Works in concert with SSA and CECOM LARS to ensure faulty LRUs are processed and replaced thru the standard army supply system.
• Provide technical assistance and mentoring of 25Us for de-install and install of system from like platform to like platform.
• Assists the S4/G4/PBO during Fielding of new equipment.
• Ensures all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) equipment is operational and properly accounted for
• Assistance on developing SOPs for maintaining and tracking replacement parts, cables and equipment turned in for repair.
• Provides advanced technical training to ensure fault verification
• Knows status of all FBCB2 systems and works with unit thru S-4 / G-4 to ensure parts are validated on order to rectify deficiencies.
• Provide training/troubleshoot of UPPER TI platforms (AIC/IV4TIMS) and be able to explain role functionality/effect on FBCB2 network
• Provide input on CSMA Server placement.
• Maintain Master hard drive, when new software is fielded, check hard drive to ensure all maps are loaded that your unit require, before mass hard drive burn.
• Ensure all hard drives are properly labeled before issuing
• Ensure that all MT 2011's are properly reported when installed and gain access to the BFT network.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Be a pro-active, energetic, assertive individual that can work well as part of a team.
• Individual must also be a self-starter with the ability to function autonomously, in sometimes austere locations, with little or no direct supervision.
• Must a US Citizen, possess a SECRET security clearance, be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Drivers License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
• Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in writing) complex thoughts and ideas.
• Must be proficient in use of the Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting, training product generation and daily correspondence.
• Must be comfortable interacting with and mentoring to all military ranks from the newest soldier to the experienced leader and have the ability to instruct one-on-one or in large/small group classroom environment.
• Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of the JBC-P and BFT systems as well as other ABCS Systems to include: EPLRS, SINCGARS, ASIP, JCR, etc.
• Must have experience in system troubleshooting, fault analysis of the applicable systems