Manager of Engineering-Aerospace Industry-Familiarity with FAA certification
Job ID: 463512BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:Enflite, a subsidiary of LifePort, produces top-of-the-line cabin accessories for business aircraft. It designs and produces high quality galley equipment for executive and first-class commercial aircraft. In joining the LifePort-Enflite team, you will be joining a global team committed to delivering quality products and services that provide best value to our customers. The company is currently searching for a talented leader to lead the Engineering Department at Enflite located in Georgetown, Texas.
The primary responsibility for the Manager of Engineering includes overall leadership and accountability for all technical aspects of the Enflite value stream from proposals, to design, to production liaison, certification, and customer support. The product line includes aircraft interiors and galley products for a diverse customer base of industry-leading OEMs including Gulfstream, Dassault, Bombardier, Embraer, etc.
• Manage all aspects of engineering including Electrical operations and can perform: research, development, design, and test electrical components, equipment, products, and systems.
• Determine feasibility of designing new or modifying existing equipment and/or products considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
• Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
• Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Provide strategic leadership of departmental objectives and product line growth.
• Lead customer management and setting of expectations (internal/external).
• Advocate standardization of design methodologies across product platforms.
• Manage tracking and reporting of financial, technical and schedule metrics.
• Manage proposal estimating oversight and contract negotiation for new business.
• Support continuous improvement processes and initiatives for functional areas of responsibility.
• Maintain data bases and mine information to have real-time and accurate reports measuring goal accomplishments.
• Develop and monitor metrics relative to escapes, delivered quality, scrap, rework & repair, and business operations results.
• Investigate to determine root cause and corrective action utilizing resident continuous improvement operating system tools.
• Develop/maintain performance metrics and manage to highest efficiency (e.g., DOI, Sustaining Costs).
• Complete special projects commensurate with management role.
General Management/Leadership Responsibilities:
• Leadership, mentoring and career development of engineering team--to include all disciplines of engineering.
• Manage all training and development activities to maintain required skills/competencies of the assigned workforce and promote maximum potential.
• Provide performance feedback formally/informally; reward/recognize employee contributions; and maintain skills compatible with business requirements.
• Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
• Addresses complaints and investigations.
• Ensures compliance with company’s policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, etc.
• Upholds company Values, maintains ethical conduct, and promotes Mission and Vision.
• Demonstrates commitment to achieving safety goals and objectives including compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and training requirements for a safe workplace.
A minimum of 6 years of experience in aerospace or related industry, with a background in design (electro-mechanical systems).
Proven leadership skills.
Have foundation of managing programs/projects.
Leading a variety of engineering professionals in a diverse technological environment.
Familiarity with FAA certification.
Proficient in EVMS for all NRE activities.
Proficient in Solid Works (or similar) and MS Office products.
Ability to travel (up to 10%).
This position is expected to manage and develop a high-performance team in a rapidly changing and growing business environment. The successful candidate will be process-driven and will have demonstrated the ability to plan, implement and improve both short-term and long-term initiatives.
The position requires extensive experience in budget development, prioritization and planning of resources and a proven track record of driving accountability through the organization.
The person in this role will be expected to be a strong communicator of technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, an efficient organizer and capable of working independently in an ambiguous environment. The candidate must possess a strong customer-focus mentality and be comfortable interfacing with demanding internal and external customers.
Desired experience is in electrical systems, preferably in the aerospace/ aviation or related industry: hardware, software/firmware work.
Proven track record of achieving results—goal oriented.
Proven written and oral communication skills to meet/exceed standards and customer expectations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Management
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day