Job ID: 463302BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: Colorado Springs
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs! In this role, your responsibilities will be to:
• Maintain operations of multi-user computer systems, virtual computer systems, COTS software products
• Perform system administration within the scope of the contract
• Monitor and correct system performance issues
• Back-up and restore files, patch system and operating system software and maintain software licenses
• Assist the Information Assurance (IA) team with account management and system vulnerability and manage closely with the customer and peer personnel to accomplish these responsibilities
• Provide “on the job training” on system configuration, assist in deploying software/hardware deliveries and support special projects
• Assist operational crews and contractor teams to resolve system and network issues
• Assist the Information Assurance team by providing access to system logs, instruction for monitoring user accounts and identifying/responding to security issues/incidents
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package
•Experience in building windows/Linux Systems
•Understand Directory structure
•Experience with Virtualization
•Be able to trouble-shoot operating system issues
•Understand basic network administration
•Installed COTS products
•Have built and maintained storage systems
•Experience in writing scripts and automation
•Understand basic system level drawings
•Have rack mounted equipment and run cables
•Must have Security Plus
•Must be willing to travel to Boulder
•Strong communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Must have strong teamwork skills
• Worked with system provisioning tool CHEF
• Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance i.e. STIG & DSS compliance documentation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2