Aircraft Secondary Power Systems Senior Staff Engineer
Job ID: 463334BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Description:Become part of our team as an in-country Secondary Power Systems senior staff engineer for KF-X. This position is for engineering technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) on the KF-X development program. KF-X is a South Korean program to develop an advanced multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. The selected candidate can deploy from their current location. This position will report to the LM Chief Engineer, will be located in Sacheon, South Korea.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive Secondary Power Systems (including Auxiliary Power Unit and/or Emergency Power Unit) experience to serve as a primary point of contact for advising KAI engineers during configuration development. The successful candidate will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance) to KAI engineers while guiding concept development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a balanced design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in Secondary Power Systems Integration and Design and a good working knowledge of related engineering disciplines. Tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter expert guidance, training and mentoring to the customer for the following:
• Subsystem definition, design, and requirements, including performance and specification requirements
• Hardware and software interface control documentation developed and defined between aircraft systems
• System architecture trade studies
• System modeling and analysis approach
• Components definition and design requirements
• Installation layouts and requirements
• Drawing release
• Supplier management plans and design development source data
• Installation and system performance verification
• Other tasks as required
Upon selection candidates will receive details of the long term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
• US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Ability to relocate internationally
• Bachelors degree from accredited college in an engineering discipline with 9+ years of experience in Secondary Power Systems Integration and Design
• Experience with aircraft utilities and subsystem design
• Experience applying Systems Engineering principles, theories and concepts
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
• Experience with new aircraft design and development
• Experience working with international customers
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience working in or with the Korean government or culture
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Aeronautical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week