Instructional Systems Designer Sr
Job ID: 461416BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: Albuquerque, Shalimar
State: Florida, New Mexico
Program: Center of Excellence
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to analyze training needs and develop training products.
These products include but are not limited to syllabi of
instruction (SOIs), student/instructor guides, interactive
courseware, assessments/quizzes/tests, emulators, and immersive simulations.
The ISD will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs),
Multimedia Engineers, Technical Writers, and others to design, develop, and maintain effective training for our customers.
Candidates must have a demonstrated ISD, adult education, or related background. This position offers a great opportunity to work create leading-edge training solutions and technologies.
• Creates and maintains training materials in accordance with ISD guidelines and best practices
• Translates customer's needs/requirements into effective,
instructionally sound training products
• Reviews training tasks, objectives, materials, and
measurement strategies for effective alignment and coverage
• Determines the best media types as it pertains to objectives and student proficiency
• Reviews training outcomes, identifying and recommending continual improvements
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Instructional
Systems Design, including training task analysis and
development, writing objectives and test questions
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills
• High level of expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• High standards for work quality, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• MS/MA Instructional Technology, Multimedia Design, Education or related field from an accredited college/university
• Demonstrated experience in designing/developing, syllabi, lessons, objectives, and exams
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of tools e.g.
Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, etc.
• Experience working with learning content management system platforms (LCMS/LMS) to develop and/or deliver distance learning
• Experience working with IBM Kenexa LCMS/LMS
• Demonstrated project and/or ISD leadership
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Human Factors Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)