Job ID: 463272BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: Vandenberg AFB
Description:At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program within LM Space provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program's two primary operating locations is Vandenberg AFB, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
The applicant will perform a variety of electrical engineering design tasks in support of the Payload Launch Site Support Services (PLSSS) contract at Vandenberg AFB. The applicant will support Operations at factory locations and respective launch sites (Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA or Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL). The applicant will design, operate, maintain electrical systems to support spacecraft transportation. Personnel must be able to work in a launch site environment with the ability to climb stairs and evacuate the launch complex wearing breathing apparatus if required. Applicant must be willing to travel and to work overtime and odd shifts if required.
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Practical Electrical Engineering operations and/or maintenance experience within an industrial or commercial environment.
• Experience in test planning, test execution, test documentation experience
• Experience in authoring technical documents
• Experience in a design, build, test environment
• Experience in presenting technical information
• Must be able to work in a launch site environment with the ability to climb stairs and evacuate the launch complex wearing breathing apparatus if required.
• Must be willing to travel and to work overtime and odd shifts if required.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance
• Operational experience with high value, one-of-a-kind electrical systems
• Experience with MAXIMO
• Must have good communication skills
• Professional demeanor and personality suited for a team-centric environment
• Strong work ethic oriented to achievement of positive results, strong organizational skills, and exceptional customer service, thoroughness and self-motivation
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond and present to senior level executives within the customer organizations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2