Chief Engineer and Scientist (Job Number:442478)
- Five years of experience in a supervisory or management role related to DoD Strategic Planning, Operational and Functional Testing or Security Testing
- Support of the identification and development of rapid warfighting capabilities using innovative solutions and emerging technologies to address the Command’s Priorities and Lines of Operation
- Innovation and Experimentation program coordination and integration with other DoD organizations and relevant Government agencies
- Testing of innovative strategies, techniques and technologies; support test implementation to include technical planning for and insertion of capabilities into live, virtual, and constructed venues
- Provide technical professional services to assist in the creation of flexible and resilient C4ISR architectures, protect critical cyber infrastructure, and evaluate cyber defensive capabilities
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret (TS)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Engineering or other Scientific Discipline
- 10 years or more experience in the described areas
- Fifteen years of experience working as a Senior Level Engineer or Scientist in one or more of the following disciplines: - PLANNING AND ANALYSIS SUPPORT - INNOVATION DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING SUPPORT - CYBER CAPABILITY SUPPORT
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018, 12:00:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-HI-CAMP SMITH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job