Manufacturnig Engineer, NC Programmer
Job ID: 462147BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Description:Numerical Control (NC) programmer responsible for the creation and prove-out of NC programs required to establish state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for high value, dynamic helicopter components. Duties include NC programming, process planning preparation, development of fixture concepts, the application of advance cutter technologies, digital model based simulation analysis and conducting process prove-outs. Computer systems utilized for NC programming, simulation and planning are CATIA, VERICUT and Solumina.
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a metal machining environment
- Experience in creating NC programs for machining precision dynamic components
- Metal cutting knowledge
- Good communication and project management skills
- CATIA V5 skills in solid modeling and NC programming (or equivalent)
- B.S. degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with machining titanium, steel, magnesium or aluminum
- Strong analytical skills to determine root cause and for development of effective corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)