Product Packaging Engineer / CAD Design
Job ID: 463896BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
City: Grand Prairie
Program: E&T and Logistics and Sustainment Engineers
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Packaging Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to develop preservation, packaging and packing methods using automated design data to protect materials, parts and assemblies being shipped to the customer. Furnish detailed packaging instructions to Shipping personnel for use in preparing materials for delivery. Select applicable packaging methods using current specifications and procedures including MIL-STD-2073. Understand requirements and assure compliance with DOT regulations on shipment of hazardous materials. Obtain Interim Hazard Classifications for the shipment of explosive materials. Plan and conduct Performance Oriented Packaging Testing and Reporting. Task includes preparing test plan, coordinating with testing facility, observing testing, gathering result data, and completing test report. Contact vendors and maintain a current file of the latest technology in packaging materials and equipment. Supply instructions to Shipping for application of reusable containers. Transmit packaging information into the data processing system. Prepare packaging data for submittal to customers as required. Examine contracts to determine preservation and package requirements. Prepare estimates of preservation and packaging costs for submittal to cost estimating groups. Ensuring all Packaging, Handling and Storage (PHS) program/technical reviews are scheduled and conducted. Develop initial packaging and packing required to ship system equipment to support test flights, ground tests, Logistic Demonstration and System Support Package requirements will be best commercial packaging utilizing procedures outlined in American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) D 3951. Preservation and packaging methods and designs will be of minimum cost consistent with the protection required. Conducting analysis of handling equipment requirements to ensure adequate facilities and equipment for handling system hardware will be available at storage depots and installations that will handle system materiel. Handling equipment requirements will be monitored throughout the program and every effort will be made to limit new requirements.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging, Packaging Science, Packaging Technology, Packaging Engineering or related experience.
- Strong technical background
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to perform oral presentations in front of large groups
- Must be able to interact well in a team atmosphere
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime and travel as needed to support program requirements
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- PRO-E and ArtiosCAD experience
- Hazardous Materials transportation and shipping regulation knowledge
- Familiar with Military specifications/standards.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) knowledge
- Familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 (Parts 171-180)
- Familiarity with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instruction for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, or the International Maritime Organization's International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDGC) based on the modes of shipment.
- Familiarity with commercial packaging in accordance with ASTM D 3951 that allows for storage in enclosed facilities for one (1) year without damage to the hardware.
- Product Data Management software and workflow process familiarity
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Product Support
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day