IT Project Manager - Tampa, FL
Job ID: 463951BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Program: Energy Services - TE
Description:This person will work with teams of information technology professionals, business partners and vendors, providing technical, professional, and personal leadership to assure the successful completion of IT&T projects. Under general direction, he/she is responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle and will act as a single point-of-contact for those projects. In addition, this person will facilitate alignment with the systems development methodology and associated processes used within the IT&T Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership on IT projects. This includes project leadership, as well as technical leadership.
2. Under general supervision, manage all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and act as a single point of contact for those projects.
3. Consistently apply best practices in managing projects and demonstrate accountability for project success.
4. Follow departmental procedures and reporting requirements to ensure alignment with project management standards.
5. Provide a workforce schedule and reporting for IT resources on projects.
6. Provide direct input to team members’ performance coaches as it relates to project activities.
-Experience in managing IT projects.
-Must have demonstrated sound technical knowledge in areas relating to systems development life cycle, program management office, and project portfolio analysis.
-Good project management experience.
-Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written.
-Proficiency in project management tools.
-Working knowledge of IT best practices.
-Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or other industry certifications (ITIL).
-Management of a diverse range of projects (infrastructure, COTS implementations, custom development, telecom)
-A vendor management background
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: None
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week