Are you seeking an opportunity to contribute your expertise in thermal analysis and testing?
Would you enjoy knowing your efforts directly impact defending our nation and allies?
Do you enjoy leading a team as much as contributing in one?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are Raytheon Missile Systems and we are seeking several career level Thermal Analyst / Engineers to join the Mechanical Subsystems Engineering Directorate (MSD) within Analysis & Test Department. If you are a Thermal Analyst willing and you meet the following qualifications we'd like to speak with you! This position is located in Sacramento, CA.
The Thermal Analyst is responsible for detailed Thermal analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software. As a Thermal Analyst, you will work under general direction and will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule.
Additionally, you will be expected to present their work for peer reviews and to be a peer reviewer for other engineers’ work. The customers of this position will include internal Raytheon personnel and programs as well as external Government(s) personnel and programs. You will work with the customer and engineering leadership to define testing required to validate Thermal analyses and to verify that hardware is compliant with requirements. In addition, you are expected to plan and support tests, perform data reduction and engage in Thermal model correlation.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering degree in a related field, Math or Physics
· Six (6) years of professional experience in Thermal Management solutions
· Demonstrated expertise in leading thermal testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
· Proficiency with engineering workstations running Windows and Office suite
· Six (6) years of applied work experience performing Thermal Finite modeling using PATRAN, SINDA, ANSYS or equivalent software
· Expertise performing hand calculations based on fundamental equations
· Applied work experience managing a group, leading a small team, or serving as a technical lead
· Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
· U.S. Citizenship status is required
Desired Experience & Skills:
· Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
· Current DoD Secret clearance
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work independently
· Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
· Eight (8) or more years of experience in the Thermal analysis of complex systems that require collaboration of multiple engineering disciplines (such as a weapon system)
· Experience in:
·Thermal modeling using PATRAN, SINDA, ANSYS or equivalent software
·Hand calculations based on fundamental equations
·Aerodynamic heating analyses
· Experience with solid modeling CAD tool such as ProE, CREO or equivalent
· Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
Check us out on YouTube:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.