Systems Engineering Manager
Job ID: 463275BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Manage the System of Systems Interfaces and Integration team under GPS III SEIT. This position fills a crucial role at a crucial time in MILSPACE, with ability to influence success in satellite delivery, execution of a recurring GPSIII production line, and startup of follow on production orders via the SV11+ Corporate Focus program. Specific scope includes:
- Integration between the SV and external entities, including overall responsibility for the associated ICDs. Examples include Space-to-ground integration / Space-Ground ICD and SV-LV integration / ICD.
- Development of SV11+ test requirements and overall spacecraft level test program
- Integrated space-ground-user demonstrations and support to government enterprise test and verification efforts
- Engineering support to Launch, spacecraft handover, and on-orbit test mission readiness campaigns
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or physical sciences required or technical discipline.
* Demonstrated ability to interface and communicate with customers, peers and leadership
* Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated experience in engineering with increasing levels of responsibility
* Relevant integration and test experience in one or more of the following: Space Vehicle or System of Systems
* Experience supporting satellite operations and/or launch campaigns (Factory support or direct execution support is acceptable)
* Experience with the system engineering major review lifecycle: SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR
* Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles and applications
* Established record of leading high-performance teams to meet cost/schedule/technical commitments
* Established record of successful team/relationship building across multiple organizational boundaries
* Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance
* Ground system integration and test experience
* Experience in space-to-ground architecture trades/definition
* Experience in space-to-ground integration
* Launch Vehicle to Space Vehicle integration experience
* Cost account management experience
* Prior formal L-Coded experience
* Current TS/SCI level clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2