Job ID: 463220BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:Candidate will provide support to the THAAD or similar software team for the analysis, design, and test of the system. Primary responsibility is to support embedded software and Hardware-In-The-Loop testbed development. Responsibilities include software architecture and design definition, flight software design description, algorithm/software requirements definition, and support for HWIL testing. Demonstrated experience with FSW architectures and deployment in missile, spacecraft, or avionics application is highly desired. The candidate must function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
Comfortable working in a team of software/algorithm-design engineers; Self-motivated, strategic thinker.
The candidate should have :
1. Must have experience in Object Oriented programming and C++
2. Experience with scripting language (Perl, Python, XML, shell, etc)
3. Experience in embedded software development (multi-thread)
4. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance
1) Understands the intricacies of compiling/linking large software simulations (Using and editing Makefiles)
2) A strong background in Linux and VxWorks operating systems
3) A strong background in embedded SW architecture
4) Good communication skills, both oral and written
5) Possesses current DoD Secret clearance
6) A clear understanding of typical missile subsystems, missile test issues, defensive missile flight operations and typical risk areas.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2