System Integration & Test Engineer
Job ID: 463830BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
City: Kennedy Space Center
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will plan and author procedures for Orion Spacecraft elements and provides floor support for the Thermal Protection Systems (TPS) manufacturing environment. You will perform specific duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Creating and/or developing TPS manufacturing work instructions.
• Determining the sequence of build, selecting or designing required tools, solving production problems, and developing working relationships with a multi-disciplined team of people to effectively and efficiently plan and build TPS piece parts and assemblies.
• Assisting in investigating design/manufacturing factors such as equipment or part availability, manufacturability, ease of assembly, and large assembly management.
• Developing and maintaining all assembly documentation.
• Reviewing and Managing Integrated Parts Lists
• Troubleshooting/correcting anomalies and discrepant hardware.
• Performing producibility reviews on engineering designs to assess manufacturability, ease of assembly, and material availability.
• Routinely interfacing with program personnel and reports project status to leadership.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor’s degree from a related discipline (Mechanical/Aerospace/Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Knowledge of production, manufacturing, and assembly processes for space flight vehicles.
• Experience with Engineering Change Management
• Minimum of 2 years of experience demonstrating use of SAP (VE CAMS) or similar supporting software for generating manufacturing work instructions, routings, product structure, and manufacturing bill of materials (EBOM/MBOM).
• Extensive experience with thermal protection system installations.
• Extensive experience in heatshield and aeroshell manufacturing and integration processes.
• Experience in the review of engineering drawings and as a floor liaison.
• Experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Experience and understanding of configuration management practices and databases such as Windchill, EPDM, or similar.
• Experience with CAD/CAM software such as CreoParametric, CreoView, EdgeCAM, Delmia.
• Good verbal and written communication including technical writing.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret various technical procedures and reports.
• Ability to write reports and keep accurate documentation.
• Advanced Skills in the Microsoft Office software suite.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2