Systems Engineer Principal
Job ID: 463878BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Principal Systems Engineer - Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Core Team.
- This is a senior level position on the LM Space MBSE Core Team.
- In this role, the successful candidate will lead medium to large model-based engagements with LM Space programs, lead and contribute efforts to continue to develop and improve the practice of MBSE, lead and contribute to LM Corporate-level MBSE initiatives, and mentor junior engineers in practice of MBSE and Systems Engineering.
Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Demonstrate successful experience practicing Systems Engineering, including:
- Experience leading teams in the development of requirements and architecture for space and/or missile systems
- Experience leading teams in the integration and verification of space and/or missile systems
Demonstrated successful experience leading teams in the practice and development of MBSE practice, including:
- Leadership of systems engineering teams implementing MBSE on space and/or missile programs
- Leadership of IRAD or research for MBSE
- Development of MBSE training material
- Leadership for organizations supporting the implementation of MBSE across a business enterprise
- Active Top Secret.
- Demonstrated experience leading systems engineering teams across program lifecycles, from concept development to operations and sustainment
- Demonstrated experience leading systems engineering teams in the area of systems specialties (i.e. Fault Protection/Management, Cyber and System Security, reliability and survivability)
- Demonstrated experience developing technologies that improve usability of MBSE approaches
- Experience applying agile software techniques to systems engineering process
- Demonstrated proficiency with MBSE tools
- Demonstrated experience integrating MBSE tools with tools from other engineering disciplines.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2