Junior Java Developer - Military veterans preferred
- SAIC is looking for a Junior Java developer to join our team support out customer the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY.
- This position will reside on the team working with the Boards, Evaluation and Promotions program.
- This program is responsible for the development of systems that manage soldier evaluations, promotions and other processes that drive a soldier’s career.
- The developer will be part of a team that is responsible for the upkeep of several Spring MVC applications as well as many REST/SOAP based services.
- The developer will write code encompassing all tiers of the software development process.
- Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- Assists with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
- Support user training, as required.
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
- Contribute to technical presentations.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Candidate must compile with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to interface with clients and understand requirements
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Experience with Object Oriented programming methods
- Experience working with web applications programming
- Knowledge of relational database systems to include basic knowledge of SQL
- Good foundational knowledge of computer science and algorithms
- DOD Secret Clearance Required to begin, an interim Secret is acceptable to start work
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification is required to begin work
- BS in Computer Science or has equivalent work experience
- Experience with Spring (Security, Core, MVC, WS, Data, Web Flow)
- Experience with Maven and its lifecycles
- Experience with Selenium or other testing tools
- Experience with jQuery, Angular or other modern JS Frameworks
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere or any other Java servers
- Understanding of SSL setups, SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services
More Jobs For Veterans...