General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
Support the timely dissemination of DA products by:
- Conducting a quality control (QC) scrub to ensure edited products adhere to the customer’s style guide, customer handbook and quality standards;
- Eliminating errors in classification markings, and validating portion marks and banner markings;
- Reviewing required publication metadata and validating metadata tagging
- Processing products and conducting QC on products for dissemination and archiving;
- Produce Table of Contents and nightly verification email for partner.
Document changes that are made to products and communicate via email to rest of team.
Ensure correct classification.
Run publication macros as needed to correct formatting and layout of products.
Review document metadata and correct as necessary.
Consult with team when errors require substantial format and/or text changes to correct.
Publish documents that have successfully passed QC review.
Ensure published files are loaded into system and sent to proper office for dissemination and archiving.
Attend meetings and training as required and as appropriate.
.1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of one or more contract programs.
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program(s).
3. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and directs or performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. Performs business development activities.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees, and may have supervisory responsibility.
8. May serve as a team or task leader.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.