Lead Transport Aircraft Mechanic (King Air A&P) - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The King Air (C-12) Aircraft Mechanic Lead performs maintenance tasks and provides supervision and guidance to assigned personnel in the maintenance of assigned aircraft.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with section supervisors/leads to ensure the timely return of aircraft to mission capable status.
- Ensure that assigned personnel have access to and use adequate technical data during all phases of aircraft maintenance.
- Review aircraft records for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide on-the-job training for assigned personnel.
- Coordinate with the manager and supervisors to carry out duties in an effective and efficient manner.
- Participate in and enforce compliance with established FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, environmental and safety programs.
- Monitor the status of aircraft in-work and coordinate efforts with the maintenance manager and subordinate personnel.
- Monitor quality control reports and ensure corrective measures are implemented to improve maintenance quality and prevent the development of adverse trends.
- Within qualifications, conduct inspections of aircraft and system maintenance to ensure quality and completeness.
- Monitor and perform operational, functional and rig checks of assigned aircraft
- Assist assigned personnel in researching and requisitioning aircraft parts and components and in determining the reparability and serviceability of parts and components in question.
- Review aircraft records to ensure that required maintenance has been performed, that hourly and calendar tracked events are current and all associated documentation has been completed.
- Ensure all necessary manual and automated records are completed as required by applicable regulations, manuals, contract guidance and company directives.
- Follow technical data, manuals, regulations, and other maintenance directives as required.
- Participates in towing and movement of aircraft in performing maintenance activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- An in-depth knowledge of the applicable aircraft.
- A thorough working knowledge of applicable technical publication.
- Ability to read and write and interpret technical data and special operating instructions.
- Good verbal and written skills and leadership ability.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of applicable aircraft experience (King Air C-12) of which at least two (2) years must be performed as a senior mechanic.
- Qualified by the appropriate USG armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training.
- Recent full-time experience in aviation maintenance with the assigned aircraft during the past 12 months.
- Six (6) months of flight line and overhaul & inspection experience.
- Phase or Reset Maintenance experience desired.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstance, including extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Some travel may be required.
More Jobs For Veterans...