The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is searching for an engineer with experience in Harness and Interconnect design in Tucson, Az. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, prototyping, manufacturing, integration and test of various types of harness and interconnects (round wire and/or flex circuits) for multiple missile and/or other aerospace/defense related programs.
The candidate should have an understanding of the aerospace industry and possess extensive technical mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering expertise, as well as a full knowledge of other related disciplines, to develop harness and interconnect solutions. This expertise must also be applied while understanding the possible impact of work on other disciplines. On new programs, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and deriving system requirements, be responsible for the definition of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout, perform first order electrical analysis, and ownership of final technical data package. Proposal efforts will be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for finished product. The candidate’s contributions are expected to be significant and long lasting with respect to entire projects, and at the department/directorate level. The candidate is expected to produce results with minimal oversight. The position will require interaction/collaboration with senior personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between functional organizations and physical locations to ensure technical solutions are properly vetted.
Required Experience and Skills:
· A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
· Must have a sound understanding of the design and manufacturing processes of harnesses and interconnects
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of industry specifications such as IPC/WHMA-A-620, SAE AS22759, J-STD-001, Mil-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, IPC-2221, and IPC-2223
· Must be able to lead small teams (up to 8 individuals) and/or projects, manage and delegate tasking, provide feedback for employee performance, and assist with candidate hiring activities
· Ability to work with harness and interconnect manufacturers to support program needs and travel periodically to manufacturing facilities
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with multiple organizations, program/functional leadership, as well as customers
· Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
· U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience and Skills:
· A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
· Working knowledge of RMS processes and procedures
· Familiarity with the Creo Parametric modeling tool and drawing standards
· Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
· Strong leadership and project management skills
· Self-starter, ability to work independently
Required Education (Including Major):
BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.