General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Supervise AP processing staff. Prepare AP processing statistical report for upper management. Update procedures as needed. Train individuals on new process as well as new employees.
Maintain all processing and approver queues by adjusting workload appropriately, and assess OT as needed on a daily basis. Oversee output to ensure accuracy and work with individuals to manage time appropriately, as well as manage critical issues. Direct workload as needed which is disbursed between KTM validation, AP quick and manual processing and MarkView queues.
Authorize additional bank transmissions if required by internal or external vendor.
Supervises assigned Accounting staff members.
1. Supervises and directs the work of assigned Accounting staff members.
2. Typically supervises non-exempt Accounting Clerks and entry-level Accountants.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day operations.
4. Performs non-routine accounting tasks in assigned functional area.
5. Reviews vouchers, accounting documents, and other financial records submitted by subordinate staff for accuracy.
6. Resolves difficult problems and discrepancies.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant accounting regulations, policies, and procedures.
8. Participates in audits and special projects as required.
5-8 years of related accounting experience.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.