General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
•Will share responsibility for supporting an organization of 600+ people at various locations.
•Duties to include group resource management, ordering supplies, maintaining on hand inventory of office supplies and materials. Ensure required items are ready and in place for scheduled meetings; will coordinate receipt, installation, repair and disposal of office hardware/equipment.
• Conduct briefings and orientation sessions on behalf of members of the senior leadership team
• Manage access to 3 senior staff officers’ information and schedules, utilizing discretion to protect sensitive information
• Provide calendar management; able to prioritize and de-conflict schedules with little guidance
• POC for arriving visitors and guests
• Responsible for scheduling Front Office meetings, coordinating schedules and ensuring conference rooms are scheduled
• Coordinate with sponsor security when staff requires visitors at locations and execute any required action. Responsible for passing clearances
• Responsible for updating senior Staff officers for their meeting requirements and due dates of actions
• Attend weekly meetings, serving as the recorder, tracking action items and follow through to completion
• Coordinate responses to Sponsors action tracking database and ensuring all items are addressed by senior Staff. Identify and document processes and procedures to complete action items.
• Provide suggestions on established processes to improve efficiencies; ensue all processes are implemented and adhered to
• Maintain updated access lists for all office personnel
• Responsible for answering and placing calls on behalf of office management
• Must be able to coordinate several individuals’ schedules and travel desires and prepare travel arrangements.
• Process POV vouchers and arrange transportation as necessary
• Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. May take dictation and transcribe notes.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.