General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours: 630-500. Candidate will need to be flexible with regard to shifting need and be able to work any given 8 hours within that range
• Maintain a schedule of appointments on a daily basis for new applicants
• Able to adapt to an ever evolving schedule and handle changes to the schedule based on management direction or shifting priorities
• Keep applicants informed of all schedule changes in advance of their appointments
• Address issues proactively and alert management to all priority issues immediately
• Greet applicants in a friendly and personable manner
• Verify with each applicant his/her appointment schedule for the day
• Able to answer applicants questions and mitigate any issues. Ensure all applicants are properly escorted for the duration of his/her appointment
• Maintain daily records of all appointments, noting any significant occurrences or issues that may arise.
• Expected to provide status reports to all business partners as well as direct management on a daily basis; identify any issues that require action by management as well as any potential conflicts with upcoming appointments
• Review documentation for accuracy and completeness
• Able to assist applicant with completing all documentation and answer any questions they may have.
• Main POC for interactions with outside groups with regards to ordering food and maintenance or repairs within the office
• Responsible to submit all requests for visitor access and verification
• Perform vault custodian duties
• Submit appropriate requests for personnel to be added/removed from access lists
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
Excellent oral and written skills; able to follow established SOPs; excellent customer service skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes simultaneously
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.