full-time employee contract
Fort Sam Houston
ManTech is looking for a highly motivated junior-level DIB Systems Administrator to learn and grow on our team! Support the Army in a worldwide military operations program that relies on intel gathering, battle command, computing platforms, and more. Help us integrate the most advanced C4ISR technologies. You will become a vital component to our team as you will master the configuration and maintenance of our DCGS-A Fixed systems. Together, we will make a significant impact to this country by providing software support for Army systems across the globe!
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• CompTia Security + CE certification
• 3 years of technical experience and Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred). **4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with VMware, Windows, and Linux
• Experience with Systems Administration
• Minimum CE:
or Linux +
• Prefered CE:
RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
or Oracle Certified Associate (Java)
or Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 10g/11g)
Other Skills Preferred:
• DCGS-A V3.1.x or V3.2.x IFS administration experience.
• Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Analyst Notebook, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB).
• Oracle Databases, Oracle RAC, and Oracle client installation/configuration
• SQL and PL/SQL syntax
• JAVA and/or XML script creation
• Maintaining virtual machine servers in a provided VMware Environment.
• Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
• Installs, configures, and maintains RedHat Enterprise Linux servers and associated applications, scripts, and adapters.
• Maintains full mission operational capability for the DIB server segment by insuring all federated sources and adapters are functioning properly.
• Performs automated and manual checks of all servers to ensure compliance with DoD IAVA and other IA requirements.
• Performs system patching as necessary based upon approved patches provided by PMO release management.
• Performs and tests system backups to ensure the availability of current images and system configuration files to perform a system recovery should the need arise.
• Provides system status updates to the leadership to establish and maintain a timely system status tracking mechanism.
• Performs daily check of all servers to detect any system anomalies. This requires visually reviewing server logs on a weekly basis.
• Provides system change requests to the DIB PMO and the factory to address system anomalies. Problems should be identified and relayed to factory in a timely manner.
• Assist in the generation of PM DCGS-A and SEC System Problem Reports to effect site specific and/or global change based upon customer requirements.
• Maintains communications with and coordinates with Factory Engineers to debug identified problems.
• Tests different data type DAO periodically to ensure all adapters are working properly
• Reviews ingested data to verify that adapters are not missing data. This includes running the automated scripts and utilities, keeping the assigned adapters up to date with source databases and systems.
• Perform required adapter maintenance such as renewing adapter passwords.
• Tests connections to other DIBs, works with other DIB FSEs if anything is noticed to be wrong.
• Maintains federated access with all nodes. This has an added benefit of providing 24 hour support worldwide.
• Attend weekly meetings and provide on demand briefings as required by local customer.
• Provides desk side overviews and right seat user training as required.
• Provides weekly status summary to the factory PMO team that covers highlights for the week and issues that need to be resolved.
• Updates Status in the Raytheon tracking system to include both federation status and ingest status.
• Reviews and becomes knowledgeable of the mission of each cell in the ACE and determines how the DIB can be used effectively to support their mission requirements.
• Trains users how to use the system to do their jobs in a quicker more efficient and consistent manner.
• Engage with users on a regular basis to elicit feedback and ensures there aren't any questions or problems that need to be addressed.
• Writes up user suggestions in Change Request or submit to the DIB PMO and factory DCGS-Army ERB.
• Researches local data sources for which the customer may need adapters written.
• Uses SITH framework to write adapters on site when possible.
• Provides information back to the DIB PMO and factory for adapters that cannot be written on site.
• Provide remote support for other Army Fixed sites to cover outages.
• Attends regularly scheduled FSE telecons
• Supports DCGS-A Intelligence Fusion System (IFS) Meta Data Catalog (MDC) servers on the Deployable DIBs as needed.