full-time employee contract
The Senior Network Engineer candidate will be working with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies in the cyber-realm.
• Responsible for supporting a variety of systems in a mission-critical enterprise environment.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small team, without a constant management presence.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot network issues and possess customer service skills, including the ability to defuse situations and to deal with individuals who might not fully understand the technology. Individual will be working in a team of various government and subcontractor personnel.
• Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
• Security+ or CISSP certification on day one
• At least 6 years of experience in the following:
• Windows desktop operating systems, and demonstrated experience supporting those systems in a mission-critical enterprise environment.
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, network infrastructure, and networked appliances, to include administrative access and configuration experience.
• Thorough knowledge of Cisco Systems hardware & software, to include hands-on administration using the command line interface.
• Ability to take network equipment still in shipping boxes and build a working environment.