The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, develop large scale software (board support package, libraries and applications), performing unit level and integration testing using state of the art tools for embedded applications. Understand complex software architecture in order to analyze and fix defects reported during software development phases as well as at customer site. Ability to understand and employ Raytheon software development process during each phase of the software development cycle. **Position requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have a US Security Clearance day one of employment***
- Minimum of 6+ years relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- Experience in software development using C, C++, C#, Assembly, MATLAB
- Experience in embedded software development including debugging and analysis tools (e.g., JTAG, GDB, etc.)
- Familiar with real-time operating systems, e.g., VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Unix/Linux
- Experience in network programming and developing software test tools
- Familiar with object-oriented software development methodologies
- Familiar with full software life cycle
- Familiar with modeling languages, e.g. UML
- Experience with developing real-time multi-threaded applications
- Active DOD Secret Clearance updated within the last 5 years or Active DoD Top Secret updated within the last 5 years.
- Ability to obtain special access to customer programs.
- US Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Some background or course work in cyber security or cryptography or information assurance
- Familiar with secure coding standards
- Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.)
- Understanding of agile software methodologies is a plus
- Experience in customer interface and presentation skills
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- SAP/SAR clearances
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other technical degree. Master’s degree preferred.Desired Education:
Master’s degree preferred.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.