Raytheon’s engineers develop the next generation of defense technologies that support our military and protect our nation and our allies. We are the world’s leader in developing and manufacturing leading edge missile systems and defense solutions. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems and engaging in a dynamic team environment.
The efforts of the Modeling and Simulation Engineers of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) allow the customer to experiment with and develop new complex weapon systems in a simulation-driven virtual environment. We create battlefield simulations, detailed hardware and environment models, perform post flight analysis, physics based modeling, integrate flight software, run time optimization, and investigate military product value. Our department’s engineers are versatile, innovative, self-motivated and eager to learn.
Our Tucson, AZ, location has several openings available for Modeling and Simulation Engineers to join our team of engineering professionals. Learn more and apply today!
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Please note: We are not seeking engineers with an AutoCAD or 3-D modeling background or network modeling from an IT perspective.Required Education, Experience & Skills:·Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science·Four (4) years of applied work experience in the following areas;
- The Junior Simulation Engineer will create high fidelity simulations for missile system design, performance assessment, trade studies, subsystem analysis and flight test support while leveraging their skills to read, debug, edit and create computer programming code to develop models and solutions in a team environment.
- The Junior Simulation Engineer will be expected to work on diverse projects and independently determine and develop approaches and solutions. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to a fielded product and may interact with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products or participate in planning and budget exercises.
- Junior-level Simulation Engineers will proactively collaborate with other stakeholders across their program such as Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), Signal Processing, Software and performance analysis personnel for cohesive execution of program objectives.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Programming in a compiled language, such as C++ (preferred), Java, Python, or Fortran
- Experience developing or simulating physical systems
- Past work experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Experience using tools to analyze data sets, such as MATLAB or Python
·Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
·Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Desired Experience & Skills:
·Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
·Leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
·Developing signal processing / GNC algorithms or models for missile applications
·Control Hardware Design and Test
·Modeling physics and physical systems as related to flight dynamics
·Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools (Github, Subversion)
·Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory, optimal control, system architecture, inertial navigation, guidance theory
·Major Gates cycle knowledge (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc.).
·Strong analysis and problem solving skills
·Exceptional written and oral communication skills
·Ability to work well in teams of varying disciplines and multi-task
·Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and the development of program schedules a plus
·Current Secret or Top Secret Department of Defense Clearance
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.