Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for an Applications Technologist II in the GBS IT Engineering Solutions (ES) organization as part of the operations closed area support team. The team supports a variety of Engineering Tools (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, and Software) used in Classified Environments. This position will be located in El Segundo California.
This person will be a key team member helping the organization deliver service excellence around the following activities: interfacing with program personnel and programs’ engineering and IT teams; coordinating resources to provide appropriate tool related services; helping users on programs effectively use tools; troubleshooting tool related problems; and tailoring tools to specific program needs. The ideal candidate has a passion for automation and learning new engineering tools and technologies.
- Engage and consult with engineers on the implementation of engineering software solutions; assist programs in the use of and adoption of solutions and emerging technologies
- Provide general user support for software engineering tools
- Set and manage customer expectations while ensuring priorities are optimally met
- Manage installations and upgrades for software engineering tools
- Function as part of the virtual GBS Engineering Solutions Operations team
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export AuthorizationDesired Skills:
- Minimum of 2+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Working knowledge (including day to day use on a program) ofSoftware Engineering Tools.
- Familiarity with Windows, Unix and Linux environments
- Ability to troubleshoot / solve complex problems
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge in a constantly changing environment
- Good communication, presentation, and people skills with ability to interface with customers
- Strong teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting
- Ability to work and collaborate in virtual environment where team members are not co-located.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight
- Self-directed with good organizational skills
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Program work and engineer tool support experience
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite, GIT, GIT Hub, and/or IBM Rational CM tools
- Understanding and implementation experience with AGILE software principles and or SAFE
- Customer engagement/relationship management experience or prior consulting experience.
- Strong computer skills and/or programming experience in one or more languages, including scripting languages.
- Experience generating documentation/tooling aids and instructing others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with cloud based solutions such as AWS
- Experience using containers, and strong automation skills such as the automation of applications packaging, test automation, automation of operations
- Existing Secret or Top Secret DoD security clearance
Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.