SAIC has an immediate need for a Data Scientist for our SED Virtual Systems Program. As a Data Scientist you will be working with data from virtual reality flight simulators, eye tracking software. You will also be responsible for cleansing/transforming data, integrating and analyzing data from various data sources, and performing data visualization to provide insights to program leaders.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Responsible for data cleansing/formatting, data analytics, and creating dashboard visualizations using agile methodologies.
The following duties will be performed:
- Elicit dashboard requirements from customer
- Explore data sources for applicability
- Integrate various data sources
- Implement business rules into data integration logic
- Build interactive dashboards that showcase relevant metrics
- Respond quickly to questions/challenges to dashboard results
- Brief dashboard to stakeholders and train new users
- Develop and maintain best practices and make recommendations to existing business processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Candidate should have working understanding of analytical and dashboarding tools.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Require Bachelors degree in Physics, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or Math.
- Requires analytic thought process and collaborative skills.
- 8-10+ years of experience in a technical environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE