General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
3. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
4. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
5. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task leader.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Position’s Primary Duties: Research, plan, prepare, coordinate, and execute Mission Rehearsal and Command Post Exercises (MRX/CPX) focusing on Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and/or Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOTF) scenarios to train SOF units. Responsible for developing SOF Intelligence scenarios during exercises to accurately depict senior level staff and command activities at TSOC and/or JSOTF levels. Provide related products associated with the exercises. Participate in planning conferences, briefings, and after action reviews.
10-15 years of related experience supporting military operations.
Special Skills/Qualifications Required: Graduate of a U.S. military officer’s intermediate or senior level school; or graduate from one of the following U.S. military Noncommissioned Officer Education System course: First Sergeant Course or Sergeants Major Course.
Graduate of a Military Intelligence Officer’s course, or graduate of an Enlisted Military Intelligence Analyst Course.
In-depth knowledge/expertise of Special Operations Intelligence and Intelligence Community support to Special Operations Forces (SOF).
Additional Desired Qualifications/Experience/Characteristics:
Graduate of a Joint Forces Staff College program or school such as the Joint and Combined Warfighting School ( JPME-II), Sr. Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Joint, Interagency, and Multinational Planner’s Course.
Graduate of one or more of the following Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) (or equivalent) courses: Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, Irregular Warfare Applied Intelligence Course, Joint Civil-Military Operations Campaign Planning Workshop, SOF Resource Management Course, and/or Irregular Warfare Advanced Course, and/or other JSOU or equivalent course(s).
And/or knowledge in command advisement, strategic communications, information management, executive decision-making, and strategic thinking.
And/or knowledge of strategy-level theory, National Security Strategy, and National Military Strategy.
Experience with intelligence systems acquisition capability, Advanced Military Intelligence relating to Irregular Warfare and/or SOF Operations. And/or knowledge of regular versus irregular intelligence support, Armed groups and irregular movements, intelligence support to Unconventional Warfare (UW), and UW campaign planning factors. And/or experience in providing intelligence support to influence operations. And/or familiarity with countering irregular threats.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline.