About this job
Are you passionate about working for a company with a culture of learning and development? CarMax is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our fast-paced environment to manage the company’s Talent programs and processes. This includes collaborating with partners across the organization to create, implement and manage programs, that develop future talent for the organization.
What you’ll do – Essential responsibilities
o Collaborate with CarMax leaders and external consultants to identify, assesses and develop leadership assessment and development programs for all levels of CarMax management
o Leverage modern technology and adult learning principles to design and deliver engaging and innovative leadership development experiences, that prepare leaders for broader roles
o Manage development programs from concept to rollout by assigning individual responsibilities, developing project schedules, tracking milestones and delivery dates, and performing all necessary tasks required to successfully achieve program goals
o Develop, maintain, and curate process and program materials, including but not limited to videos, webinars, eLearning, development guides and facilitator guides
o Facilitate in-person and virtual program activities, to a variety of audiences
o Conduct field visits to train, assess, and support CarMax Regional and Store Management teams to conduct Talent Management programs
Purpose of Role
At CarMax it’s about our people! We invest in the learning and development of our associates, to enable them to be the best version of themselves. Our Senior Consultant of Talent Management plays a critical role in the learning and development of our associates. This position works with a team to develop and deliver learning, to enhance associate performance and engagement.
Qualifications and requirements
• 3-5 years’ experience with training design, development and facilitation
• 1-3 years’ experience designing and delivering management and leadership development programs
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate information clearly and facilitate learning to diverse audiences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
• Ability to effectively prioritize and work productively with minimal supervision
• Experience with web-based development software (e.g. Captivate, Articulate), multimedia authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud) or other leading learning development technology, preferred
• Bachelors degree, preferred
• This position requires up to 20% travel
At CarMax the work environment is pleasant and fast-paced with multiple simultaneous demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.