General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
Support maintaining, updating, and operating unified voice, video, and web conferencing communications infrastructure services by providing full lifecycle engineering support resulting in solutions that are secure, effective, responsive, complete and efficient.
The Unified Communications Engineer will be responsible for supporting the most Innovative, Intuitive, and Integrated (I3) solutions that can be deployed to meet the communications needs of GSA employees. The successful candidate must have some experience and current technical familiarity with one or more of the following:  Cisco Telepresence Management Suite (TMS),  Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS),  Cisco Meeting Server (CMS),  Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM),  Video encoding, decoding, transcoding and multicast streaming to VLC media player. The Unified Communications Engineer will also be responsible for working with our team to satisfy all customer requests received from the hotline, email and ticket queue. Other tasks include scheduling and monitoring VTC multicast streaming events and maintaining hundreds of registered Cisco video endpoints.
Provides technical audiovisual, multi-media, and video support services for business meetings, conferences, training sessions, and corporate events.
1. Sets up, manages and maintains equipment for audio and video conferencing and teleconferencing meeting needs.
2. Performs maintenance actions including inspections, service contracts, and upgrades.
3. Monitors and analyzes overall VTC equipment and system performance to ensure satisfactory operation.
4. Troubleshoots hardware, software, infrastructure and AV problems.
5. Installs video switching devices, media converters, wall monitors/televisions, and video control devices that support AV systems.
6. Provides technical assistance and training to users
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting VTC operations.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associate's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.