General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Engineer responsible for developing, engineering, and deploying technical solutions within a dedicated network. This individual will work within a small, mission focused team of network and systems engineers to implement technical solutions to challenging collaboration and data protection problems. This role performs the following core functions:
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of computer and network security concepts, controls and implementations.
3. Experience operating and maintaining Windows Server and Microsoft virtualization technologies.
4. Experience in managing engineering products (design, build, and deploy).
5. Knowledge of hands on experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, and Python.
6. Hands on experience implementing security best practices within platforms and networks such as securing virtual machines, hypervisors, virtual desktops, and viral networks.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
8. Practical experience with Linux Administration, architecture, networking and optimization.
9. Ability to assess emerging technologies, determine their impact on corporate systems and incorporate them into technical plans.
10. Proficiency with basic networking and VPN technologies.
11. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
12. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
13. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
14. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
15. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
16. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
17. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
18. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
19. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
20. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
21. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
22. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience, engineering, Information Technology, and Information Systems.
Experience designing, building, deploying and maintaining sensitive networks
Experience with programming languages such as Java, C/C++, etc.
Experience with One Way Transfer Solutions and data flow management
Knowledge with SIEM and security analytical technologies (e.g., Splunk, pcap, Netflow, etc.)
Enterprise database platforms such as MSSQL and Oracle DB
Hands on experience with and advanced knowledge of networking, routing, switching, sub netting, firewalls, VLANs, ports and protocols
Experience with Linux OS, Cisco IOS
Experience with one or more of the following: DNS, database or application security, Active Directory, identity management/PKI
Experience with hyper-converged infrastructure and storage spaces direct
Hands-on experience with cloud technologies, their provisioning and security
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.