full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Task Manager in the Washington, DC area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The MCIS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
· Serves as the task manager for a large, complex task order (or a group of task orders affecting the same common/standard/migration system) and shall assist the Program Manager in working with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the contract-level Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR), the Government Task Manager, government management personnel and customer agency representatives.
· Responsible for assembling the task team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure the timely completion of the tasks milestones and final acceptance.
· Must be familiar with the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
· Monitors each assigned task, implements and assures adherence to task level quality and methodology standards, and keeps the Program Manager abreast of all problems and accomplishments.
· Anticipates problems and works to mitigate the anticipated problems.
· As a task leader, provides technical direction for the complete task effort.
· Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
· May serve as a technical authority for a particular task area.
· As a staff specialist or consultant, resolves unique and unyielding systems problems using new technology.
· Can complete tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints.
· Interacts with client management personnel.
· Prepares activity and progress reports regarding all assigned tasks.
· Reports in writing and orally to company and client representatives.
· Must possess a BA/BS degree, an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Must possess 15 years of related experience.
· 5 years of IT Security related experience (2 years of FISMA experience).
· CISSP and PMP preferred.
· Demonstrated experience writing information system security documentation (SSPs, POA&Ms, PTAs, PIAs, CMPs, CPs and IRPs).
· Extensive knowledge and experience with information security standards, policies and practices - NIST (800-53 rev4), FISCAM, FISMA, DOD, DCID, FBI, etc.
· Leadership experience required; experience managing teams of 10 or more strongly desired
· Demonstrated experience developing project schedules using Microsoft Project.
· Experience developing applications is a plus (MS Visual Basic; C+; Oracle; MS Access; MS SQL)
· Must possess an active DOJ TS/SCI.