Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Electronics Product Development and Prototyping Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an entry-level engineer to work as an Electrical Engineer I with education in performing test and troubleshooting to the component level utilizing schematics and test equipment.
Responsibilities include working with a team of engineers performing electrical tests and troubleshooting on subassemblies, assemblies, and systems for conformance to specifications; Understanding and applying the theory of operation for the unit under test to enable determination of faulty product for design, workmanship, environmental and/or component defects. Additionally, the candidate will work on systems validation, test and analysis while working through all phases of integration, test and validation activities within the Labs. As an Electrical Engineer I the candidate will ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques.
Responsibilities may contain aspects of one or more of the following disciplines:
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
• Must be able to read, understand and accurately follow prints, schematics, sketches, as well as work from verbal and/or written instructions including test procedures.
• Interest in learning and growing experience with the design, fabrication and testing of electronic and mechanical sub-systems and CCAs.
·Proven interaction in a team environment
· Must be a self-starter and possess ability to work autonomously while establishing schedule and priorities
· Must have effective communication skills to interface with a wide variety of people including lab technicians, engineers, managers, and auditors
· Ability to clearly document findings encountered during testing and troubleshooting.
·Microsoft Office tools i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point
·Experience performing engineering tests such as ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure), DVT (Design Verification Test), DMV (Design Margin Verification)
·Knowledge of programmable electronic parts
·Good communication and presentations skills with ability to clearly present technical approaches and findings
·Manage and balance the priorities of multiple programs simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related area of expertise. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is desired.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.