General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
Provide operations and maintenance support of government customer’s Linux systems. All work is performed on customer site during normal business days and some off-hours and/or weekend work for emergency support and maintenances. This includes managing and maintaining Linux servers and devices, update firmware, patching operating systems and applications, and change requests. Apply systems analysis and engineering technique/procedures to developing complex information systems on multiple platforms and development environments; combine software, hardware, standards and engineering in the development of system architectures.
Designs and develops information processing hardware, computer systems and electrical components.
1. Conducts moderately complex research, design, development and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems and electrical components.
2. Designs new products and/or modifies existing products.
3. Develops technical specifications for production.
4. Analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions.
5. Tests hardware performance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced hardware engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related hardware engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.